The Right Installation
Hiring just any company or the cheapest company to handle your heating or cooling system needs can end up costing you in the long run. One of the most common causes for heating or cooling system breakdowns is poor installation work. Plus, without the right installation you could end up wasting 50 cents on every energy dollar you spend. Don Hall Heating & Cooling prides itself on using the best brands and superior workmanship for every installation we complete. When you hire us you can count on a job well done. We even offer a 100% money back guarantee if you’re not completely satisfied with our work.
The North Carolina Alternative Energy Corporation did a study on the examined air conditioning manufacturers’ efficiencies versus the actual efficiencies that resulted after installation. Their research showed the following:
- 90% of the units tested exhibited some sort of energy waste
- 50% had an improper refrigerant charge
- 40% failed to meet minimum air flow criterion, and 20% were barely inside the range specified by manufacturers
- A deficiency of 20% in air flow reduces the SEER rating by 17%
- A 15% return air leak from a 120¡ attic could reduce a 12 SEER air conditioner to 6 SEER, cutting the efficiency in half